We are The Olive Trust, located at 20 Elliot Close, Oadby, LEICESTER, LE2 4UN. Our website address is theolivetrust.org. The Olive Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Personal Information We Will Collect – Contact Form
- Email address (plus permission to send you an email)
- Telephone/mobile number (plus permission to call, send a text message & leave a voicemail)
- Data submitted in the message box
- If you are referring yourself
- Your availability to be seen by our associates
Personal Information We Will Collect – Referral Form/Assessment
- Date of Birth
- Address (plus permission to send correspondence by post if required)
- Telephone/mobile number (plus permission to send a text message & leave a voicemail)
- Email address (plus permission to send you an email)
- Name of the person who is making the referral
- Your GP Surgery name
- Background details – support network, any special requirements we need to be aware of, other therapists or support involved in your care, family history
- Any risk relevant to counseling i.e. self-harm/suicidal ideation
- Your session availability
- Summary of difficulties, what support is required and what you hope to achieve through support
How We Will Store Your Personal Information
Paper: Initial Referral Form, Contract/Agreement, Assessment Record, Brief Session Notes, GDPR Agreement, Client Code (linking documents), and an Evaluation/Ending Report.
Electronic: Your email address, identification, and correspondence will be stored in our email or social media account by the nature of you contacting us. Your telephone number may be stored in our mobile or WhatsApp app should we exchange messages this way.
Your contact details and the date of the enquiry above will be entered onto our Enquiry Database, which is accessed via a password-protected laptop and backed up to our personal storage cloud. This data is used to track the action and stage of your enquiry and support.
Session donations are tracked through our online banking and finance system accessed via a password-protected laptop.
How We May Process/Share/Keep Your Personal Information
Your situation, presenting difficulties, or background may be discussed in supervision following the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) guidelines of ethical practice, ensuring your identity remains anonymous. This is done to assist you further and ensure the support you receive is of the most benefit.
If support has been planned with one of our Associate Therapists or Emotional Support Practitioners, your Initial Referral details will be passed onto them by paper to contact you and arrange sessions accordingly.
All personal data is considered confidential and will not be passed to any other third party other than where you express consent to disclosure, in an emergency to protect someone’s vital interests, to comply with the law or to the courts for the administration of justice.
The Olive Trust holds your details and clinical records for the duration of the therapeutic support and for 7 years post-completion.
To ensure we provide the best possible therapeutic service, we must hold your data to comply with legal obligations, including the establishment and defense of legal rights, and the prevention of crime.
In Line with GDPR Terms, You Have the Following Rights:
- To be informed what information we hold (i.e., this document).
- To see the information we hold about you (free of charge for the initial request).
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To withdraw consent to The Olive Trust using your personal information.
- To request your personal information be erased (although we can decline this request if the information is needed for us to practice lawfully & competently).
A printed copy of this statement will be given to you at your Initial Assessment Meeting, and a therapeutic contract will be signed to indicate our working agreement.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Consent for Marketing Communication
By providing your email address, you explicitly consent to receive marketing communications related to The Olive Trust’s initiatives, including sponsorship opportunities. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Segmentation and Purpose of Processing
We may segment data based on interests or engagement levels to provide more relevant and personalised content, ensuring that our communications align with your preferences.
Consent Renewal and Opt-Out Process
You will have the option to renew your consent regularly. If you wish to opt out of communication at any time, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security Measures
We employ robust security measures, including maintaining access controls to safeguard your personal information.
Data Storage Duration
For individuals who do not provide consent for marketing communication, data will be retained for legal obligations and compliance purposes.
GDPR Rights Section
You have the right to be informed about the information we hold, to see the information (free of charge for the initial request), to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information, to withdraw consent, and to request erasure. To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Legal Basis for Processing
Our processing of personal data, especially for marketing communication, is based on your explicit consent.
Data Sharing Section
Personal data is considered confidential and will only be shared in specific circumstances, such as in an emergency, with associate therapists, or with your express consent.